Friday, March 5, 2010

The Tooth Fairy..........



I LOVE being a mum. Ok sometimes I might feel like pulling my hair out but it's times like this that I really really enjoy it and I feel very lucky! Rhys who's 6 nearly 7 is my oldest and finally, after lots of waiting (by him) he announced excitedly the other day that he has a wobbly tooth!! He is so pleased with himself and often wobbles it proudly when he thinks we're not looking. So that got me thinking that the tooth fairy is going to need to pay a visit soon!! Hopefully it won't take too long to fall out as he's very impatient heheheh. So what is the going rate for a tooth these days? Does anyone know?

For this piece I used some scrap booking papers and glued them to the canvas, then I painted over it in acrylic paint and used my iridesant paints to bring some sparkle to her dress and shoes. I also used my inktense pencils. I haven't painted over scrap booking paper on a canvas before but I really enjoyed!!! I think I might do some more characters like this, and I'm thinking of putting this little lady in my etsy shop!!! Happy Friday everyone!

14 comments:

Penny said...

Aaawwww his very first wobbly tooth! Love the tooth all wrapped up with ribbon........! xxx

Unknown said...

oh so so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet Nicola!!! what a fun and wonderful piece....I love her!!!

Have a wonderful day/night!!!

Hugs
Diana

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

She's sooo cute! And I love that little tooth on a string. :)

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Nicola! Rhys is so cute! Your Tooth Fairy is magical! You did a wonderful job! Have a great Friday too! :)

Unknown said...

such a friendly happy fairy!!
The going rate for a tooth kinda depends on what your little one thinks is good! When my now 11 year old was little.. he started out thinking 20 cents was great.. but it did escalate!
hehe.. put her in your shop already!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love your Tooth Fairy.

Jess said...

I used to give them money according to how much pain they went through to lose that particular tooth! Actually though, I don't really think the amount matters, the magic of a coin appearing where the tooth was is enough!xx

Unknown said...

How pretty! The SB papers look awesome on it!
Hey...I posted a thank you to you for my OWOH necklace that you sent me.
Thanks again!
You Rock!
Hugs,
True :D
www.truesgiftsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

I love her and want her! If you put her in your shop, please let me know! Kendra is terrified of getting older BECAUSE of her fear of loosing her teeth - how crazy is that?! Ah, to be 4 . . .Kristin xo

Kristin said...

Hi again!
Thank you so much!!! Please let me know if the sale did not go through - I was kicked offline after entering my information, but when I went back, it was listed under sold. I think we are ok, but if for some reason you have a problem, just let me know. AND thank you! xo

LINDSAY said...

My 6 yr.old has lost 2 this year. We gave her $1 each time. She puts the tooth in a tea bag wrapper and the "tooth fairy" left her a buck and a tiny drawn smiley face inside. I seriously think she was more excited about the drawing. When she lost she second one, she couldn't wait to see if the "tooth fairy" would draw on the bag again. so this time she left a tiny star. :)

Susan said...

Nicola, she is so sweet and I love how she carries the tooth in a ribbon! Good luck to Rhys! Hmmm, it's been so long since the tooth fairy came here. I have almost 13 and 16 yr. olds now, they got all their teeth by the time they were 9 - it was ridiculous! Some years they would loose five baby teeth in one year - the tooth fairy practically went broke! Have a great weekend!

Deedra said...

SHe's really adorable Nicola! Your paintings are really getting a lot more depth! Looking great!

And teeth in our household go for around $5...or a toy. If we don't have a toy on hand, it's money. I really dug myself a hole there! lol

Annette Q said...

I love the textures in this Nicola!
My little one isnt old enough for wobbly teeth yet but she certainly has a lot of interest in it. Around these parts of the world we have the tooth fairy but also a little mouse who drops a pound or two under their pillow. As if the tooth fairy wasnt enough...
:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails