Monday, January 3, 2011

Sunday Sketch and Illustration Friday - Resolutions

As always after Christmas I feel alot wobblier (is that a word?) than I did a few weeks ago. My New Years resolution is to get back into my exercise routine which I have been neglecting these past few months. With my market stalls and Christmas etc I just didn't have enough time to do it all. But I'm going to try and prioitise a bit better and make it part of my daily routine again. I just LOVE my sweet foods, chocolate, cakes, lollies etc so I'm going to try to keep that as a weekend treat and not give in to my sweet tooth so easily :0)

I wanted to paint this too but haven't had a chance yet so thought I would post the sketch first and work on the painting today I shall show you how she turns out in the next day or so. If you click on the picture you'll be able to see her alot better, pencil always shows up faint when I scan it in.

JUST UPDATED: I managed to finish the painting today so I was able to include it in this post! I'm going to try to make a book mark out of this piece I think and use my new lamintor that I got for Christmas! :0)

What are your resolutions?

16 comments:

Heather Foust said...

This sketch is perfect for what I am feeling right now. I gained 6lbs over the holiday. Just because I gave in to all my vices. Argh. I am definatly going to eat healthy and create eveyday!!!
Cute sketch!!! Made me laugh. That is me!

Julia Christie said...

Really Cute Nicola,

I have the same problem - love the sweets! Just try to keep it in moderation, but it can be sooooo difficult this time of year.
Can't wait to see this painted!

Hugs

Heather said...

Nicola,
This is so GREAT! I curse my french fry tooth( he he he) I really love this, it's going to be adorable in color, i just know it. good luck with your resolution!
i also wanted to say its been great to meet you this year. thank you so very much for all of your wonderful comments throughout the past year, i so appreciate them. I continue to adore your work, its just so full of femininty, i wish you all of the best for 2011!
xxoo

EVA said...

Ah yessss.... so many temptations at this time of year!!

No resolutions but I am doing a word of the day. Will write about that when the Sketchbook Project is done!

Great sketch!

Debbie said...

I love the sweets too, and it's especially tempting to indulge during the holidays! have a wonderful new year Nicola!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Nicola, sorry for the delay. Just getting back online after moving. I love your little sketch and it's SUPER in colour! :) Hugs! Looking forward to your new art this year.

Cathy Bueti said...

Hi Nicola! Happy New Year! I love this piece! She is so cute! And I too have a big ol sweet tooth! And of course ate too much around the holidays! I don't make resolutions but one thing I want to do is make more time for art! :)

INDIGENE said...

Colorful and expressive! Wonderful start to the new year!

Shayla said...

I love before and after shots of work. It is so neat to see how much work really goes into the final piece. Nice work!

Christine said...

this is a great new year sketch! It looks so good coloured in.

Heather said...

pink cupcakes and a delicious doughnut....save them for me! i love how it came out! great in color!!!!
xxoo

Jess said...

A new laminator? That sounds fun! :) I'd be laminating the entire house if it was mine! ;) I'm with you on the sweet tooth thing, trouble is, I was given soooo many chocolates for christmas I have to eat them non stop for the next few weeks! ;)xx

Morph Waffle said...

How fun, what a great painting!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Oh how sweet and just in time for the New Year! Adorable. Thanks so much for stopping and wishing you a great New Year!
Hugs
V

Shirley said...

Sooo awesome! Happy New Year, Nicola! I love this piece. I curse my sweet tooth too. : ) My resolution is to be in the moment, every day. I am not letting the small stuff get to me..that's the plan! : ) Thank you so much for your kind visit..you are so sweet. Continued success to you this year!!

Kristin Dudish said...

Hee hee - I feel wobblier too!
I love the sketch and the colors in the finished painting are great! (although it makes me hungry... uh-oh!)

xo
Kristin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails