Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Goddess and some projects with the kids!

Hi everyone thank you for your caring comments on my last post! It really did mean alot!

One of my New Years resolutions is to do more drawing and painting as my pendant making has become my number one obsession but I also want to work more on my drawing. I started this blog, nearly two years ago and my focus was on illustration but along they way I seem to have become side tracked. Which has been exciting but I do miss my drawing time and I don't want to become rusty. So first up this is a picture which I sketched onto water colour paper then coloured in using water coloured pencils, then i used some fine liners to out line things which really made it pop! I'm calling her a 'Goddess' as I think that's appropriate. Anyway I enjoyed that 'doodle' and I'm planning on doing more drawings like this on regular basis! :0) The idea in my head for this piece was a girl floating  happily in the water. I went swimming yesterday and I think that's where this came from :0)




This week I've been doing a bit of drawing and pendant making whilst looking after my two little ones. It's still summer holidays here so the other day I sat down with them and their fimo that they got for Christmas and we made some pendants together. They really enjoyed mixing all the colours together!



 They made some fantastic pieces, the ones at the bottom are mine and the rest are theirs.
 Whilst looking through my camera I found that my youngest had secretly taken some photos himself, very naughty but I couldn't help laughing at this self portrait. hee hee.
Lastly this is another of my beaded bookmarks that I added to my shop! This is print of my piece 'I curse my sweet tooth!

Hope you're all having a great week.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Hi,
your drawing has such a sweet angelic happy appearance....so peaceful.
love the bookmark, too! you know i so love that drawing of yours!
i hope you are doing well, glad to see you are having fun with your kids making the fimo! looks like i need to get some of that for my girls!
xxoo -

Unknown said...

Hi there Nicola thanks for your visit!
Ooh.. she is a fab 'goddess' alright!
Your kiddies would have so enjoyed making those cool pendants! Viva creative bliss!!
Cheers , Helen

Kelly Berkey said...

i love your new goddess, and your son is adorable. oh, summer, i miss the summer. hope you have a creative week my dear! xo

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Your children are beautiful!!!!! They are your best works of art he he he he! The blog looks wonderful. I love the header showing off your awesome handmade goodness!!! Very nicely done. Thanks so much for your very kind and sweet words left on my blog. You really made my day. I love to share with my friends and hope that I have encouraged you as well. The blog world can be a really nice place cause I get to meet and make friends like you.
Best
V

Penny said...

Oh that self portrait of Riley is so funny! Love the pendants Nic and Rhys and Riley are really getting into the Fimo - that's great! They turned out some fantastic colours - must be your artistic influence! xxx

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Nice to hear you're back to drawing. :) Love the swirls on you goddess. :)

Heather Foust said...

Nicola, I love that picture of you little one. That is adorable. Very nice picture. She looks so peaceful.

Diane said...

What a fun and cute post--Great Pic :)
I love all of your creating!

Unknown said...

Hi Nicola!!! what a wonderful post!!! I love that you create with your little ones!!! It is such a fun way to make memories to last a lifetime!!!

Bless your hearts!!!!

Shirley said...

Wonderful post, Nicola! I love the new blog header!! Wow..beautiful fimo pendants..you are so darned talented. I am also so saddened by the flood victims. Your last post is so touching and I just hope the rains will subside. I always love your visits - take care and enjoy those kiddies!!

LINDSAY said...

Love the pendants! What a fun project. We have some air dry clay we should try that with. Bet it would entertain my girls too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails