Sunday, January 9, 2011

Busy weekend!

Hi guys, this weekend has been pretty busy. It must be that time of year but most people I know have been having big clean outs whether it be the garden, garage, or house. It's good to get things back in order after Christmas I think.
Yesterday hubby and I worked outside, he completely gutted the garage and reorganised things, took loads to the tip and sprayed the place for spiders. I threw away all the old broken outside toys and tidied up the kids play area. Sometimes I forget that I live in a country where you have to be a bit careful with the insects and such. Yesterday as I was throwing out an old broken toy I almost picked up a red back spider, the BIGGEST one I've ever seen!!!!
(nasty looking thing isn't it? But I guess quite beautiful in a dangerous way!)
They are very dangerous if they bite a child and can make an adult very sick!

Freaked me out it did, I'm not good with spiders at the best of times. Anyway I survived and now feel alot better that we've sorted out the back yard and it's a bit safer for the kids!!!
Then last night we took the kids to the local out door swimming pool and had a picnic and watched them play for hours in the new water park there! Such a lovely summers evening!! Today however is another story pouring down with rain and dark, this weather lately is very strange.

Made with fimo and set in this really cute vintage style setting.

I've been working on more pendants and I'm trying to list everything in my shop and reorganise my art space as I have things everywhere!!! So here are a few more that I listed in my shop this morning.

I called this one 'Purple planet' as it reminded me of some far distant planet!


This one is reversable and can be worn either way!
I'm going to try to work on my Sunday sketch a bit later! :0)

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

10 comments:

EVA said...

Beautiful spider but... a little too close for comfort!

I just picked up something I liked in your etsy shop! (You should do more of those!)

Nicola said...

Thanks Eva I will definately be doing more of those art boxes from now on!!! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

I am really loving your Fimo pendants! They are very cool.

While in Oz I did discover a brown snake in the pool. I sometimes can't believe I lived there being such a sook! Then I remember the beaches, the bush and the honey and wonder if we should go back!

The Words Crafter said...

Yikes!!! I'm glad you didn't get bitten! I was helping my sister in law pack things in her basement and a black widow crawled right up on my leg. She and I both screamed and it was quite comical.

Your art is beautiful, btw.

Hope the rest of your weekend is restful!

Tammie Lee said...

so glad you got to see the spider and not get bit by it. I never saw one quite like that. where i grew up there were black widows that look like this, but the red was on the underbelly.

Your necklaces look wonderful. I really like the art nouveau look of the leaves around the edge. wishing you the best with sales and thank you for your lovely comment.

Prad Savania said...

Wow, some very creative peices on here, very refreshing....

Check out my shoe designing blogspot too? All my designs happen to be hand-drawn also - Keep up the great work and take care....

Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com x

Kristin said...

Thank you my friend! It was such a sweet comment! Yes, that spider would have freaked me out - but it is pretty - and your next shown pendent seemed to be inspired by the colors - they are all so gorgeous and I love the new header picture!
Have a great week Nicola, xoxo

Unknown said...

oh man!!! that spider is giving me the chills!!! scary!!!

but your pendants are making me feel all warm again!!! wonderful work as always!!! your pendants are so much fun!!! love them!!!!

Heather Foust said...

Oh No!!! I hate spiders. You are very lucky. I got biten by a spider on my foot one time. The whole thing swelled up. Yuk!!!
I love your new Pendants. Colors are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Nicola, loving all your hugging paintings and with the trees also. Very natural and loving.
Wow, that spider, whooo, gives me shudders! So pleased you saw it in time! One of the things we think about in the uk is your large spiders. Haivng to check the loo before you sit on it. I think I would hover,lol! Good job these spiders are marked dangerous also.
A clear out does wonders!
Loads of love!
Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails