Thursday, May 27, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood


Today I decided to try my hand at illustrating a piece from a well known fairy tale. When I started my blog last year I was really interested in illustrating childrens books and that is what got me into my art again. But over the last 6 months or so I have been concentrating on making my jewellery and pendants. Now that our big trip is fast approaching I'm having to pack up my art supplies and I'm not really able to order any more glass etc til I come back. I think this trip will be a good time for me to think about new ideas etc as I'm taking my sketch book with me so hopefully I will be inspired by all the sightseeing we will be doing.

So anyway here is my little take on Little Red Riding Hood, I'd like to try another fairy tale perhaps do a series. I painted this in my journal and wrote a little something to go with it.

14 comments:

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

She looks like she's gonna cry. :) You've must have cought her right after she realised she is lost. Precious! :)

Tiffany said...

Love it!!! :)

Dear Fireflies said...

Awww, she looks so forlorn! That big bad wolf had better behave himself! :) I think you'd make it great illustrating fairy tales, Nicola... oxx

Alexandra MacVean said...

Nicola,
She is absolutely adorable! I think she is my favourite, yet! :)
Hugs!

MrBibleHead said...

Wow! Must be a little Red Riding Hood thing in the air tonight. I just came from Andrew Finnies blog and he did her as well. She is stunning Nicola! Those eyes are incredible. Have a great and inspiring trip!

Tammie Lee said...

Oh, I really like this. Your take is unique and pulls me into the story.

Jess said...

Aww she looks so scared! I love the style in which you've drawn her with her delicate little neck. Did you do the lettering yourself, or is it a font from the computer?xx

Anonymous said...

HI! I ♥love♥ your Red Riding Hood! This was one of my favourite stories as a child too!

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, they mean a lot and are so encouraging. I am going to stick with cute!

Kristin said...

This is wonderful - another one of my favorites! Great mood you created, it's just perfect!

Where are you going? We are heading on vacation in a couple of days and I too am trying to figure out what art supplies to bring. We are traveling in an RV up and down the CA coast. I hope you have a wonderful time . . . Kristin xo

Lenora said...

Very expressive!

Annette Q said...

LOVE her! What a great expression on her face, it really does tell a story. And the green and red look great together, on of my favourite colour combinations :-)

Kristin said...

Hi again! Wow - your trip sounds like so much fun!!! How cool to be able to take your family there after 10 years! I know that you will have a great time - what a wonderful reunion!
We are leaving tomorrow and will be gone 2 weeks - heading to Yosemite, Napa, Big Sur, Solving . . . Should be fun for Kendra and relaxing for us. It's been a while since we've been on vacation so we are all excited! I will be taking my laptop but don't know how much I'll use it - we'll see.
Have a wonderful time,
Kristin xoxoxo

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

love your beautiful red riding hood. She is adorable! Great illustration.

lissa said...

I like her big blue eyes, it really makes her the red riding home - they re curious eyes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails