Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dragonfly Girl




Hi everyone well it's been nearly a week between posts. I've just been so busy this week with all sorts of things but I have been working on this painting as well as lots of other ideas for upcoming projects.
After some conversations with a lovely blogfriend last week I was reminded of my love for dragonflies so I thought I would try to incorporate some into this piece. As you can tell I really love painting whimsical pretty art but I would like to branch out into others and also perhaps start painting animals etc and not just people, I've got all these ideas in my head and I'm fast running out of time before our big trip so perhaps I'll sketch them down on the plane as I'm taking a sketch book with me. I think it might do me some good to take myself away from my paint and canvas' and to just sketch for a while, I can't help painting as i just really love it! I'm thinking of putting this one in my etsy shop once it's been varnished!

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love this!! Let me know when you put it up and how much, it is fantastic! :) And dear to my heart! :)

Lauren said...

This is really beautiful! I love the ladybug too! :) ~Lauren

Jess said...

It's lovely to be inspired by such beautiful things isn't it? I love the sahpe of dragonflies too! :o) xx

Kelly Berkey said...

Just Darling! I have a deep love for dragonflies too. I can't wait to see some of your animal paintings!
Hugs,
Kelly

Julia Christie said...

Hi Nicola!

I love this sweet girl. I am a huge fan of dragonflies to...you may have inspired me to try something with a dragonfly in it.

Again I love her eyes!

Smiles and Happy Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

her eyes are gorgeous.

have a wonderful day!

xo Alison

Tammie Lee said...

so sweet and lovely~

Dear Fireflies said...

Such gorgeous eyes, Nicola! I love how you've done the details on her dress too... and I know what you mean, I used to be stuck drawing only little girls at the beginning! Heehehehee.. :)

Kristin said...

Happpy Mother's Day my Friend! And Oh, this is so very beautiful! Kristin xo

Penny said...

Just LOVE the colours in this one! xxx

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Beautiful! I love these tall skinny ones you're making. :)

Annette Q said...

Yes...the colours, so bright and happy and perfect for Spring!You must be so excited about your upcoming trip, lucky you :-)

Penny said...

This looks EVEN nicer in real life Nic. Got to say your style is becoming more and more polished! Love it! xxx

Juliette Crane said...

i love those dragonflies and that gorgeous orange-yellow sun at the corner. so beautiful!

xoxo, juliette

Laura Beth said...

Thanks for the comment on my new painting. Feels good to get back to painting ^_^. Finally the chaos of the end of the year is over. The Dragonfly girl is very sweet. Love the texture!

<3Laura Beth

thedoodlegirl said...

LOVE all of the wonderful, bright colors in this! What a perfect painting for this time of year!!

Vilt og vakkert said...

... and this of course, dragonflies are fantastic objects...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails