Monday, March 30, 2009

Colquhoun the Baboon/Illustration Friday




Well this week I managed to finish illustrating the poem 'Colquhoun the Baboon'. It's a fun little poem written by Melinda Smith and you can read it here: http://melindasmith.wordpress.com/2009/02/11/colquhoun-the-baboon/
I was able to kill two birds with one stone this week and I also used part of the illustration for the poem as my attempt at this weeks 'Illustration Friday' which was 'Poise'. After sketching the first page of the poem I realised that Colquhoun the baboon was looking full of poise as he sat in his couch on the phone to his friend.

3 comments:

StillMe said...

Love it, very cute. xx

Jane said...

i love it too!watercolor?
i hope that we always communicate.

Nicola said...

Thanks guys! Yes Jane this is mostly watercolour, but I did go over a few things in acrylic ink as it seems to brighten up the whole thing. It is also outlined in black pen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails