Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sunday Sketches - A new lady and some Aceo's

Hi guys

I hope you've all had a good week. I missed joining in Paint Party Friday this week, things are very busy here at the moment and I was flat out all day that day. We are now on the count down to get back home as our reno's are nearly finished. I cannot wait and neither can my boys. They miss their own rooms and back yard etc.  I'm itching to get back into my studio as I've got so many new pendant ideas. Next weekend is going to be cleaning cleaning cleaning as everything is covered in a layer of dust *sigh nearly there!

I did manage to work on some new ACEO's and a new lady for my journal.

First up is my lady:

 I'm working a darker style with this girl trying to get a bit of an edge.
I really love her hair. Now trying to work out what to call this piece any ideas? ;0)

Next up are some new ACEOs. I'm actually getting quite addicted to these little works of art and having some fun playing around with them. I've got lots more ideas. My zombie girl from last week has already found herself a new home which is very exciting! :0)

 Really love the colours in this one
 A blue Aceo version of 'Just Breathe'

I shall be adding these to my shop in the near future!

Tomorrow is Father's day over here and we have a busy day, my eldest's martial arts grading first thing (poor dad doesn't get a lie in) then a father's day lunch, I shall pop around to visit you all when we have a quiet moment :0)


18 comments:

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great journal page! She need a cool name. Ok I have no idea. :) Aceo's look fab. Hey if you decide to trade ATC's let me know. :) And yes, they are addictive.

Magic Love Crow said...

Love the new aceo's and the sketch in your book is amazing. How about the name, Broken Love? Have a great one ;o)

WrightStuff said...

She looks very sad. Broken Love as suggested by Magic Love Crow seems perfect. I like your new style. Hair is lush!

Unknown said...

Love your broken hearted girl... she's gorgeous...no idea what to call her though....

Joni Nickrent said...

Your new journal page looks great! I like the suggestion of Broken Love for a name too, but I'm sure you'll come up with some cleaver and fitting! Have a wonderfully creative week! POP ART MINIS

carol l mckenna said...

Your artwork is wonderful! So expressive ~ New sketchbook page is awesome and ACEOs very creative ~ Safe travel home ~ thanks for sharing, namaste, CArol (Share the Creative Journey) (^_^)

Kristin Dudish said...

Another great addition to your journal - I like the electric energy that seems to surround her.

I am loving the lashes on your ACEOs - fantastic!

Hope you and your family are enjoying Father's Day and good luck moving back in :)

xo
Kristin

Heather said...

i am loving the just breathe aceo - its so peaceful...i can totally see that as a pendant! i like the sparkles on the eyelashes, there....nice! glad you will be back in your home, soon! hugs!!

Lenora said...

For her name 'Broken" and I love the green eyes!

m7 said...

awesome work! and may god give you lots of energy for the Cleaning! :)

Sinderella's Studio said...

my first thought...fractured!
I love her.
cheers, dana

Virtual Boy said...

The look of the first girl is really striking~ Sort of punky emo with that spiky black n' red hair. ^-^

// -T.W-

Christine said...

I was drawn to the broken heart, sad symbolism, nice journal page. I'm getting to like ACEOs too.

Alexandra MacVean said...

How about "Broken"?

Your ACEO cards are quite lovely, too! Happy SS, Nicola. :)

Morph Waffle said...

Lovely little pieces, really like your one with edge!

Anonymous said...

I like the frosty looking eyelashes!

Lauren said...

These are all so lovely Nicola! I do love the hair on your journal girl, and the eyes on your aceo girls are so lovely! I hope you are doing well! :) ~Lauren

Janet said...

I like all the faces you've done here and especially like the hair on the journal page gal. I have such a difficult time painting hair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails