Thursday, September 22, 2011

Paint Party Friday - My August Creative sistahs entry and some other bits and bobs!

Hi everyone, it's been a couple of weeks since I last blogged or took part in any of my weekly groups that I usually participate in. We've just been flat out getting the house back in order after moving back in after our renovations, plus I had to sort out our office and my art space. Everything seemed to be so all over the place but finally I think things are back to normal and I'm catching up on my art. I haven't been creating as much as I'd like but hopefully I'm back on track.

This week I'd like to share with you my entry in Stephanie's book for the Sistahood of the travelling sketch book that I'm involved in. If you'd like to know more about this just click on the creative sistahs tab on the right hand side of my blog! :0)

This page is about August in Canberra. The writing says 'August in Canberra means wearing lots of winter woolies'.........I'm hoping that this will be my last entry inspired by cold weather as we are well into Spring now, hooray!!! It certainly was a long cold winter!!!

I used my water colour pencils and some ink for this little cutie and I really liked how she turned out! :0)

Now that I'm home I've finally been able to work on some more pendants so thought I'd share them with you! :0) Very proud of these!!

 Here are some wooden tile pendants made from the prints of my recent paintings.
 I love these owl bails they are so quirky! :0) These are the backs of the pendants covered with Japanese paper and varnished with a layer of diamond glaze. I really love these bails they are vintage bronze and vintage copper with matching chains! :0)

 These settings are called 'vintage star' settings, but they also remind me of flowers. This top one is vintage bronze. I knew that my red and gold Japanese paper would look perfect in this setting.
 This next one is shiny silver with some more of my Japanese paper.
 My garden angel looks right at home in this one :0)
 This last piece was made using a print of a mini painting of mine. 'Just Breathe in blue' :0) I think she works out lovely as a wooden pendant.
All these pendants are in the process of being added to my shop. :0) I'm making pieces for my next market in the beginning of November! But will also be making them available in my etsy shop :0)

Lastly I just wanted to share this photo of our gorgeous weeping cherry tree in full blossom!!! Hooray!!! :0)

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a thrilling surprise to find this in my morning blog rambles-I am SO excited that this little beauty is in MY book- oh I can't wait until it comes home to me!!!
Happy PPF 9a day early ;))
xo
Stephanie

Unknown said...

i think this is my favorite post that you've shown so far!

coolio. you've done so much lately.

so! yeah for the best post so far!

xx,
amy

Magic Love Crow said...

Everything is beautiful Nicola!! I like that one pendant on the right side with the funky hair! And, the picture of your weeping cherry tree is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a collection of gorgeous works. I always forget that down under you're seasons are reversed from ours - I'd still bet your winter was warmer than our Irish summer was!
I love those pendant bails - your work looks fabulous in those little domes in the middle.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

She is such a cutie! I love the pendants too. Those flower shaped are absolutely fantastic. :)

Cathy Bueti said...

Loving these Nicola!! Your pendants are so fab! :)

carol l mckenna said...

your art style is sooooo awesome love it ~ and love the cherry tree photo ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) and Happy PPF ^_^

wednesday said...

Your pages for the sketchbook are great. I never think of Australia as being cold.

The pendants are wonderful, love how you back them so the reverse side is beautiful as well.

Netty said...

Beautiful artwork and your pendants are gorgeous. Happy PPF, Annette x

Jess said...

It's so weird for me to think your trees are comng into blossom right now when uors are turning red and gold. How cold does it get where you are? Not as cold as the UK I'll bet! :) Your pendants look lovely! I really like your new star settings. My favourite is the garden angel :)
jess xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful posting today! I think my favorite is the red and gold Japanese paper pendant in the bronze setting. Very stunning. Your tree picture is amazing. Faye

Tammie Lee said...

she is a little cutie, i love her eyes.
and your pendants are wonderful, i wish you the best with them.
such a lovely tree too, enjoy it every day!

Joni Nickrent said...

Love all of the different things that you do...so creatively awesome! Wonderful work and great post! POP ART MINIS

Anonymous said...

so many wonderful things, love the pendants!

Annabelle said...

Love the artwork behind those orbs...beautiful!
Oooh and I adore that weeping cherry tree.You should make the picture into a pendant art piece with some poetic words ; )

Robin Panzer Art said...

What fun Pendants! Happy Paint Party Friday!

Anonymous said...

Lovely stuff! I especially like the star pendants.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Your entry in Stephanie's book is super cute! I'm going to look into the Sistahood of the travelling sketch book project that you're involved in. I'll be clicking on the creative sistahs tab on your blog!

Your pendants and weeping cherry tree are gorgeous, too. :)

Heather Foust said...

You are way busy!!!! All this great stuff!!! Our fall is just beginning here. And then Winter. I am just getting ready for the winter!!! So glad to see you back and all set!!

Geckostone said...

Your sketchbook entry is adorable! Gosh it seems so wierd to talk of cold when we are in the 90's here, lol! I LOVE your pendants, I'll have to check out your Etsy store! Deb

GlorV1 said...

I really love your pendants Nicola. Your piece with the watercolor pencils came out great. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. Love your cherry tree.

Ayala Art said...

The tree is so cute! Isn't it amazing you are starting your spring, and on this side we are starting fall? It always amazes me. Beautiful jewelry!

Karen Isaacson said...

your cherry tree is not the only thing blooming this week - you've had a tremendous creative output this week. great work!

Serena Lewis said...

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for dropping by....so nice to hear from you again.

Your pendants are lovely and I particularly like the vintage stars.

The weeping cherry is amazing!

Have a lovely weekend,
Serena :)

Ileana said...

Lots of creativity and inspiration on this page. Loving your pendants and beautiful acrylis on the right. Keep up the great work!! :)

Sinderella's Studio said...

beautiful work as always!!!! We are just heading into the cooler weather...booo hisssssssss, I dislike when summer leaves us. I love the look and smell of fall but really love summer warmth and sunshine until 10pm better!
cheers, dana
can't wait to get the pendant!

Kristin Dudish said...

Happy Spring to you - I'm glad you're enjoying it after your long winter :)
(It's just about time for me to get out my winter woolies - yikes!)

There is lots of fun creative goodness in this post (and I love those owl bails... too cool)!

xo
Kristin

EVA said...

A beautiful page (lucky Stephanie!) and lovely pendants!! Glad to hear winter is ending. Enjoy your renovated home (and Spring!)

Daniele Valois said...

Everything is so incredible! I love it all!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails