Friday, September 30, 2011

Paint Party Friday - Vampire inspired mini work of art!

Ok so these mini canvas' are soooooooooooooo addictive!! I love painting as much detail as possible in such a small space! I've got lots more ideas in my head for more of these but here is the second in my series of mini paintings on canvas.

It's almost October so I thought some Halloween inspired art might be in order I love vampy girls, zombies and all sorts of things like that and I have been watching the new season of True blood and I think that inspired me even more (I love that show so much)!!!! :0)

I was thinking that if I keep creating ladies like this I need to start giving them names so I shall start with this one 'Angelique' :0) She looks like an angel but I'm sure those fangs could do some damage.
 I LOVE purple I think it's up there as my most favourite colour!
 I painted the sides black!
 And of course I'm going to turn this lovely lady into a pendant!!!
 Such a great way to brighten up a desk space!!
Just thought I'd show this pic of my hand next to the painting to give you an idea of size. The canvas measures 8cm x 10cm!!

I shall be adding Angelique to my etsy shop in the near future :0)

Hope you are all having a great week so far, yay for the weekend!!!

30 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

I love her! Very sweet painting! Love the eyes and of course, those fangs ;o) True Blood rocks!!! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

oh I love this new painting Nicola!!!! what a great piece....I guess you are a vampire lover too!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful little painting for Halloween! Happy PPF! :-)

Ayala Art said...

She is ready for Halloween!

Netty said...

Terrific artwork and loving your Vampire Girl, such fun. Happy PPF, x

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Look at the vamp girl! She's looking cute! :) It's great that enjoy this small format. I still find atc's hard to work on with the details.

Sinderella's Studio said...

love her!!!!!!!! getting into the spirit of the season!
cheers, dana

Victoria said...

Awesome...fabulous and beautiful...I love the atmospheric photos..shine on..
Victoria

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I do love purple, too. And I am so impressed that you can work on such tiny little paintings so beautifully.

wednesday said...

Angelique is gorgeous! Something tells me she will get snapped right up when you list her for sale.

carol l mckenna said...

Fun! Love your little vampire girl! ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) HPPF ^_^

Unknown said...

super sweet purple vamp-priss (vampire/ princess ) that is what i feel when i look at this one !

Virtual Boy said...

Love her design, and so cool that it's such a small painting!
Awesome work~

// - T.W -

Anonymous said...

Angelique - sweet, charming, beautiful and dangerous! Great combination for any woman :-) .. love your mini paintings

Joni Nickrent said...

Your mini vamp is as cute as can be! Love it! POP ART MINIS

SHERI COOK said...

LOVE miniature art! Looking forward to your series of fanged subjects! Happy PPF!

Robin Panzer Art said...

OH Pretty an Creepy, I love it! Happy PPF! ~Robin Panzer ART Studio 33

Mary C. Nasser said...

How fun!
This is a terrific little piece with wonderful violets and blues!

Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mary C. Nasser Art Blog

Cathy Bueti said...

Nice work Nicola!! :)

GlorV1 said...

Love the vampire teeth. Great work. Love it!

Jaime Haney said...

Wow this just gave me a flash back from when I was little and playing with Barbie and the like. I had these tiny little dolls with real long hair and I swear Angelique reminds me of one. I love this size your working in. Great job Sistah!

Karen Isaacson said...

fantastic hair! Now, I'm thinking I might do that to my own hair for Halloween. Glad you stuck your hand in for perspective - what a great little size!

Daniele Valois said...

I am so in love with her. She is oddly angelic and oh so naughty too. I am addicted to True Blood. I just finished the last season, and I can't believe we have to wait a whole year! This last season was great!!!

I can't believe the detail you were able to include in such a tiny piece. I am really impressed!!!

Fallingladies said...

I tried to comment earlier, not sure it took though... love this little purple lady!

Mary Hysong said...

Charming but deadly! Great little piece you have done. Happy PPF

Unknown said...

Angelique is GREAT- it's always those beauties that end up being so dangerous!

Hybrid J said...

A lovely piece and love the color palette.

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Oh my gosh, those little canvases are cute. I love it with the little stand too. She may be a vampire...but, she is a cutie! :)

Heather Foust said...

She is great! I love those mini canvas.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails