This last week has been a bit of a nightmare one. After the exhausting weekend with the market we got home to a very sick little man. Since then a horrible stomach bug swept through our family resulting in a trip to the hospital with my oldest little man as he was suffering awful stomach pains. Thankfully after catching it myself as well we're all back on the mend now and both boys are back to their usual noisy mischevious ways! :0) Phew!
So yesterday I finally started work on my newest oil painting.
I started by painting the back ground with acylic paints and just played around with lots of different colours. I didn't like the colour of the background but got some great texture when it dried. Then I painted this butterfly.
Then I decided that a blue back ground would work much better with the colour of the butterfly.
This is where I left it yesterday I needed to let it dry a bit so that I could work on the background a bit more.
I decided to post it up on my facebook fan page as a work in progress and someone has already snapped it up. I also told them that I was planning on doing a set of three butterflies in different colours and she wants them all and has requested the other two colours, it is very exciting for me and I'm looking forward to starting the other two today!! This lady is a collector of my work and has one of my most favourite paintings that I did a couple of years ago, my Geisha!
It's so nice to know that someone really loves what you do :0)