I'm really loving the vibrant colours of the oils and with each piece I'm feeling more and more confident with using them. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.
The next butterfly I've been requested to do is green, I've been thinking about this one alot as green wouldn't have been my pick. I think on a blue background green will have trouble standing out like the rest but I do have a few ideas bouncing round my head about perhaps using a sunset and having the green one in the middle and just changing the background colour slightly in the other two (thanks to hubby for that cool suggestion). The other idea I have is to sit the butterfly on flowers showing no sky background so watch this space as I have no idea how it's going to turn out yet.
Any way here are some progress shots of the purple one :0)
I started by painting the background in arylic paint and letting it dry. I love the texture that this creates.
Then it was just a matter of layering the paint, letting things dry in between etc.
I'm really happy with the end result and can't wait to see all 3 together :0)
This last painting is just something fun that I was working on in between drying times. I'm going to have another go at this one before starting the final butterfly, I find it helps to take a break when you are doing a bigger project just to keep things interesting :0)