Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Finally my commissioned painting is finished!
Hi everyone, I'm so excited to finally be able to show you my finished commissioned piece. I was asked to include the 3 children and was told that the girls would get such a kick out of being mermaids so I decided to go with 3 separate canvas' that can either be hung together or in their seperate bedrooms. With the little boy I decided that rather than make the poor thing a merman I thought a bit of humour might work well. So I decided to have him playing with/getting a hug from an octopus heheheh. I really enjoyed working on this one, it was very time consuming in that I wanted their faces to be perfect and I wanted to work in lots of detail, that it was very different from my other work that I've been doing lately. It was a nice balance I think.
The group shot was hard to take as it had a gloss varnish over it and so was hard to take a photo in the sunlight but I just wanted to show how it would look hung together, the individual shots show the colours much better. I used iridescant paint over the girls clothes and tails to give them some extra sparkle and I also used texture paste here and there.
I'm very happy with how they turned out and was very pleased when my client picked them up today, she was going straight home to hang them :0)