This year I've been able to make some gifts for some of my family,and I've had soooo much fun doing it. It's been a wonderful exercise in practising methods of making my pendants and seeing what works and what doesn't. I've also designed my first attempt at a logo and I've packaged them up so they look more professional. I'm really happy with how they turned out and can't wait to give them to people. I think though that I might work on another design, perhaps with different media, I'm keen to try a dragonfly design too. I really like the banner, which was inspired by tattoo art (my hubby is an art collector of sorts and is working on his second sleeve at the moment). He's got all sorts of tattoos, a Welsh Dragon with the Southern Cross around it in honor of his Welsh Australian connection. (The Southern Cross is a group of stars). He's got traditional tattoos, tattoo's that represent his passions which are me heheh, the kids and motorbike riding. The current piece he is working on is a whole arm dedicated to Japanese tattoo art. I've gone a bit off track now but that's where I got my inspiration for my banner. I know that tattoos aren't everyone's cup of tea but I appreciate the skill that is needed to become a good tattoo artist. I like the banner I've included but I think I need to make it bigger so that you can read the writing easier when it's in the packet.
Also this week the lovely Julie from the wonderful blog The Art & Life of the Ruby Nest passed on this award to me. If you haven't been over to her blog before please check it out, she is an amazing artist who paints beautifully and also makes these gorgeous dolls: The Ruby Nest Dolls Personalized Keepsake Dolls. This is one talented lady!
So with this award I am to pass it on to 7 other artists so I thought I would mention some of my newer blog friends who I've come to love visiting every day! Your art and your words inspire me!!! :0)
1. Val of Val Zdero Art & Jewellery
2. Kristin of Twinkle, Twinkle
3. Julie-Ann Heavenleigh Art by Julie-Ann Bowden
4. Sophia Blue Chair Diary
5. Adrienne of Adrienne Trafford Art Blog
I'm also supposed to mention 7 random things about me that you guys wouldn't know ..... so here goes....
1. I LOVE horror movies! Zombie comedies are the best and I love 'Shaun of the Dead'.
2. I have an addiction to dark chocolate, especially with nuts.
3. We have decorated our christmas tree, and put up outside lights for the first time this year!
4. I'm afraid of flying.
5. I hate slugs with a passion!!! Yes slugs!!!!
6. I'm late for something right now because I'm obsessed with my blog.
7. I went to art school for 1 year but dropped out because the passion wasn't there for me. (oh how I wish I could go back.)
That's it from me for now, I think this must be my longest post ever!!!