Sunday, June 7, 2009

Illustration Friday - Crave


Well this week, I felt a bit stuck about what to do with the topic, not because I didn't like it but because I was just really tired. I'm seriously lacking sleep so probably looked a little like this picture when I painted it. This poor woman is craving sleep of course just look at the shadows under her eyes, they are quite like my own. Sometimes it's a little hard to come by especially when you have a sick two year old. I'm not entirely happy with it as it's not like what I would normally do but I thought I'd submit it anyway as it's the best I can come up with this week. It was a good exercise for me though as I've been using acrylics a lot lately so it was nice to have a bit of a change with the watercolour. The more I look at it the more I like it.....I think....ah well I'm off to collapse!!!

4 comments:

Debra Keirce said...

Sleep deprivation DOES slow you down! Still, I like your illo!!

Coreopsis said...

Yes, she looks very tired. Get some sleep!

Unknown said...

oh I love this piece...great work Nicola...you have been very busy ....wonderful to see....

Hugs
Diana

Jess said...

You've really captured the tiredness here! It's very powerful because it makes you feel tired just looking at it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails