Friday, May 22, 2009

Disco Diva's




This week I managed to get back into the swing of painting. With visitors, birthday parties and the flu things have beena little chaotic here. I didn't realise just how much I would miss my daily drawing or painting sessions until now. I felt completely out of whack by the end of the week after not drawing much at all. It was nice to have visitors though and Rhys had a great birthday but now I'm very happy to be back to 'work'.


I managed a couple of painting this week. The first one I did was 'Dreaming' which was basically a doodle. I just played around with the acrylic paint and put an idea down on to paper. I'm going to do a canvas painting for a friend's daughter so decided to practice a few ideas. I would like to do more on good quality water colour paper too as I think it just makes such a difference. So perhaps my next session will include something on my very special paper. The second painting I did was 'Disco Diva's' I just started with a doodle again and this is what happened. I really like this one and could see it becoming a design for an invite or a card. It's quite a fun picture!!!

2 comments:

Penny said...

You just keep on doing it Nic! I love all the little things you put in your pictures. Every time I look at them I discover something new. Disco Divas is GREAT. Ah yes...I remember the Farrah Fawcett hair-do and the tasselled sleeves. Well done!

Clare Incher said...

I know which person I am in the "Disco Diva" ...drawing the one at the back with the glasses!
LOVES IT I DOS!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails