Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Sketches - Having fun! :)

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your advice last week about what to do with an artistic block. I am feeling so much more relaxed about the whole art thing this week. Even though I've been struggling with a horrible bug over the weekend I still managed to do some sketching. (Can't believe I've managed to make it this long in the term with out catching something off the little ones). I decided to buy a new journal and some new watercolour pencils a couple of weeks ago and managed to make a start on it this weekend.

Even though I have the arty block I decided to think about what I loved to draw and what makes me happy and it's always been the big eyed girls so that's what i focused on this weekend and it does feel good to draw again.




















This first piece I called 'Turn the other cheek' I love drawing ladies and flowing hair :)

 This next piece is called 'Why does it always rain on me?'.....I am hoping that these sketches may lead me in a new direction.....


Last but not least this lady is called 'Ruby Rose' and is inspired by an Aussie celeb......

Just getting something on paper and not putting too much pressure on myself has helped heaps. I'm looking forward to visiting you all and getting more inspiration from you all :)








7 comments:

Lorraine said...

you are very good at doing eyes..very expressive

Lorraine said...

you are very good at doing eyes..very expressive

carol l mckenna said...

Love the 'big eyes' and lovely sketching for SS ~ xoxo

artmusedog and carol

Tammie Lee said...

a joy to see all your pieces.
you are wonderful at making hair look flowing.

love your blogs header a wonderful portrait!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your pieces are so lovely. I love the hair style and color in the first one. The second, just plain fun and so free! Love the uniqueness found within your artwork. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Your girls are excellent! All so different! Hope you are feeling better ;o)

Alexandra MacVean said...

I sure miss you here in the bloggie world! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails