Saturday, June 23, 2012

Paint Party Friday and Sunday Sketches!!

Hi everyone I really wanted to make sure that I posted this weekend. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to sit and blog. Work is going well and I managed to finish the mural in the preschool this week.

This photo doesn't do it justice as it was taken on my phone but I wanted to show you the finished piece:
 My mum thought it was really cool that I could actually fit into one of paintings :0)
We've only got a couple of weeks before the end of term but I'm going to be starting another mural in a different area of the school (in the unit for the children with special needs) I've been asked to brighten up their outdoor area and hopefully the children will help me paint this one. Can't wait to start that one. I'm also about to start some new projects with the preschool children. (They loved the tree I painted so much that I'm going to do a project where they can paint their own whimsical trees) and I'm going to discuss doing another class with the oldest kids!!! So it's all go go go! :0)

I've also been working on some pieces at home this last couple of weeks. First up I finished those two paintings that I showed you last post:
 My owl painting came up really nice!
 I called this portrait 'Kate'.....
 This is an idea I'm working on for my October entry for the creative sistahs project. I'm thinking of incorporating a print of this painting into my entry! :0)
 And lastly here is a sketch that I've been playing around with I really wanted to do something with a darker edge and was feeling a little vampy the other other ;0) I want to continue on with this idea and perhaps paint a full length vamp!!! :0)
Hope you are all going well and I shall try to get round to visit you all! :0)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the mural!! The smaller paintings are cute too :)

Caitlyn (ladyphlogiston)

Giggles said...

Love the girls and the owls...all very special!!

Hugs Giggles

peggy aplSEEDS said...

woow, you've been busy! great pieces you've finished! how great is that, to make a whole mural! happy PPF and thank you for sharing,
hugs, peggy aplSEEDS

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love the finished mural and owl painting!
It's great to see the scale of the mural with you in the photo!!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Abela said...

El mural es encantador, tienes un estilo alegre y divertido. Saludos

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the picture of you and the mural! Well done! Beautiful! Oh, and I love your other paintings too! Kate really has stolen my heart and your vampy girl is stunning! Take Care ;o)

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Lol! First. Did you husband research what 50 shades of Grey books are all about? Cause he might have an ulterior motive. Just saying. :)))) Great mural and I totally love your girls. :) Such sweet faces.

Gloria j Zucaro said...

Congrats on finishing your very special mural...and nice to see you, too! Your new project sounds great as well. The vampy girls are a kick.

deeplyrootedinbeing said...

I'm digging your owl painting! Good work! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails