Friday, January 13, 2012

Paint Party Friday/Sunday Sketches!

Hi guys

I've been combining my pieces for both challenges lately because I'm having a lot less art time at the moment with school holidays going on etc. So I think for the moment I shall be posting once a week like this just so I can keep up at least with the challenges.

So this week I have managed to create another froggy character! Today we have 'Marilyn Mon-Frog'!!!! :0) I'm already working on my next piece for the froggy collection and can't wait to share that one with you too! I think I might do a frog on canvas next :0)

 I had a right little giggle painting this one :0)

This next piece I was able to squeeze in the other day in between shuttling my little ones to play dates and generally keeping them out of mischief! I was getting very depressed just walking by my art table this week and not being able to sit down and work on all the ideas I've got rattling around my head. So I thought I'd practice creating some expressions with just the eyes and eye brows. I'm going to start working on a book that I collaborated on with my cousin a couple of years ago. I finished a draft version but we weren't ready to move forward with it back then I needed to work on my art. I think I'm feeling ready to give it another go so really want to work on my character creation and facial expressions :0) (no this book is not about frogs ;0) but perhaps I should think about that for the future ;0) ).
I really enjoyed this exercise!!! :0)

Ok best dash off it's time to take the boys to another play date!!!

27 comments:

Mandy said...

lol..oh she is fantastic...made ME smile...xxx

Netty said...

Your header always makes me smile. I love Marilyn, such a cutie. Happy PPF, x

SHERI COOK said...

I love your header too. I find Marilyn Mon-Frog clever and cute.
Happy PPF!
Sheri Cook
HappyHorseStudio

Anonymous said...

I love your frog series - Marilyn Mon-frog is fabulous!!

Those eye expressions are really good -I've always wished I could raise one eyebrow in that 'seriously?' questioning way!!

carol l mckenna said...

Marilyn is excellent and so adorable and what a great eye exercise ~ utilizing whatever time you could grab I bet ~ Not easy being a Mommy ~ glad you are nurturing yourself as well ~ Your talent is wonderful! ~~ thanks, namaste, carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ^_^

Crystal said...

Love this Marilyn froggie...so cute! :-)

Daniele Valois said...

oh my goodness, so cute and fun!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Oh, Marilyn is the wind giving you trouble again?! :)) She's fantastic and so are the eyes.

GlorV1 said...

Oh wow! It is fantastic. Such fun and so Mon-Frog. Tee hee. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Abela said...

What funny little frog Marilyn! Saludos

Anonymous said...

Marilyn Mon-Frog is so adorable! You have captured the scene perfectly! Also, your exercise with the eyes is a great one for all of us to do. Faye

Jaime Haney said...

Marilyn Mon-Frog is terrific! I love your drawings of eyes, too. So much expression... great job! good luck on that book. I look forward to learning more about it. Have fun with your boys ;)

Unknown said...

LOVE your Marilyn- she's FAB! And the eyes are great too! Enjoy the rest of your break.
Happy PPF,
Stephanie

Mary C. Nasser said...

Your Marilyn Mon-Frog is fantastic!
What an excellent addition to your frog series. :)

Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Unknown said...

Adorableeeeee!!

Carolyn Dube said...

Wow! So many good things - the fun frog, collaborating on the book, the fun eyes!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hello my friend ;o) Your Marilyn Mon-Frog is adorable! Love her! And, your eyes, amazing! Take Care ;o)

Robin Panzer Art said...

Your adorable froggies just delight me to no end! I hope they end up as a greeting card line someday! ~Happy PPF #2 Robin Panzer Art Studio 33

wednesday said...

Marilyn cracked me up! Love all the expressions you conveyed using only eyes, what a great exercise.

DVArtist said...

This is adorable. You captured her perfectly.
Nicole/Beadwright

Kristin Dudish said...

Marilyn brought a huge smile to my face! I'm loving your frogs!!!

xo
Kristin

Tracey FK said...

I am on the countdown to back to school let me tell you... just one week to go up here in QLD... cute frog and can't wait to see what you get done once the munchkins are out from under your feet... happy Sunday Sketches...xx

Heather Foust said...

Oh I love your Marilyn Froggie painting. So cute and clever! A Froggie book would be a perfect book. I would think about that one. Thank you Nicola for the nice words you said last week. They really made me feel good!

Sunshineshelle said...

I have the biggest smile on my face, oh my -WONDERFUL :)

Daniele Valois said...

HI! Thank SOOOOOOO much for your comment! It made me sooooooo happy! I really struggle with the whole me art time and all my kids! I have learned to just combine it, because I get it no other way. Now, I do art nearly everyday. Thank you so much and I'll see you on Friday!!!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Hi Nicola,
Please forgive me on the delay in responding. Have had pc issues and just now getting on to respond to the last few SS peeps.

I LOVE your Marilyn Monroe Frog. What a brilliant idea. :) LOVE your creative ideas. Hugs

Kristin said...

Oooh, I LOVE your Marilyn!!! She is gorgeous! Look at those lashes! And I agree, what a great exercise that facial expression chart is. WOW, your frogs are so great & full of fun! I love what you've been up too - thanks for your sweet visit and good luck with the boys, xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails