Friday, February 11, 2011

Busy week!

Hi guys!

I realised today that it's been over a week since my last post which is unusual for me. I have to say though that with the OWOH blog hop going on and preparing my next big market in less than a month, as well as both the boys going back to school it's been a bit of a crazy week. Once I get into a routine (my youngest has finally started preschool) I shall be able to post more frequently again and I also plan to paint and draw alot more.

I wanted to show you guys some of the pieces that I have been working on in preparation for this new market I'm trying out. It's a real big country market and very popular in our city so I'm hoping that I'll do well there so that I can keep making these fun pieces.

These are also listed in my shop too :0)

 My current favourite, Japanese paper in a vintage setting!

 Hand drawn design on fimo clay.

 Love these settings, marbel swirls in fimo clay.

 I called this piece 'Jupiter' as it really reminded me of the planet! Love the antique bronze!

This is Japanese paper inside a black gunmetal pendant tray!

So as you can see I have been very busy. I'm currently working on another flower painting. I started painting it yesterday but I just wasn't happy with it at all so I ended up painting over it in black and starting again. Does that ever happen to you?

Hope you're all having a great week!!! :0)

3 comments:

Penny said...

Love your new pendants! I especially like the Japanese paper inside the black gunmetal pendant tray - although it was a difficult choice - they're all so lovely. You've really hit a winner with the fimo in the different settings. You'll do very well at the markets - I'm absolutely sure! xxx

Julia Christie said...

These are all gorgeous Nicola! Be sure to share with us how the market goes!

Smiles

Magic Love Crow said...

Nicola, your new pendants are beautiful! I have painted over many paintings!!! ;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails