Friday, February 20, 2009

A doodle.....perhaps a Cyclops?


Well the last couple of days I haven't been able to get as stuck into my art as I would have liked. Some days the kids just won't play along. Yesterday I took my youngest (who is 2) for a picnic in the morning which was lovely and hoped he would let me have a bit of a drawing session at rest time in the afternoon.
I managed to do a bit of a doodle but it was hard going with many interruptions, it messes with your creative flow. But I guess I'm going to have to get used to doing things 'under pressure' as I would never get anything done. So yesterday I just decided to do a 'doodle' I started in pencil then went over it in pen and ink. I was thinking of adding water colour later but I got interrupted and this is how it finished up.
I can't seem to stop drawing dragonflies now. I like the texture in her hair but her eye seems a little odd. I've decided that I have created a beautiful cyclops from a mythical land (not that I couldn't get the eye right). It's not my most favourite picture but I wanted to post it anyway as I think every exercise or doodle is important. The purpose of this one was to loosen me up and just let my imagination run........I quite enjoyed it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails