Thursday, June 10, 2010

A New Painting




Hi everyone, well this week I have been working on a new painting which I know looks very much like my painting from last week. I have been asked by quite a few people if my painting from last week was for sale. I'm afraid it's not as it was actually painted with myself and my boys (including hubby) in mind and is now hanging in our hallway! This new one was painted for my brother's beautiful partner which represents them and his girls. I hope she likes it.

I decided that this one didn't need dragonflies or anything else around it and concentrated more on the colours and shades. I have sketched quite a few different ideas for this style of art and will experiment with lots of colours, I find this type of art very therapeutic.

I don't normally post my paintings before the recipient has received it but Sian is actually living in Wales so I wanted her to see it before I posted it off!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous!! I LOVE it!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

You've done a great job! Love the texture and vibrant colors. I'm looking forward to seeing your new art.

Unknown said...

I love this painting Nicola...and it is perfect ...doesn't need anything else!!!

Heather said...

the colors came out really nice! I love this painting.

Dear Fireflies said...

Wow, those colors really stand out, Nicola! You seem to be quite bold with them these days... unlike me, the colors have shied away from mine! (^-^) oxx

Unknown said...

I see amazing painting full of emotions and love! Beautiful work, Nicola. And great colors!

Shirley said...

Oh Nicola! It's absolutely gorgeous. I know they will love it for years to come. Awesome work as usual!! Thank you for stopping by - you always make me smile! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Peggy said...

I love the texture on your piece, and the way you outline the forms make the colours pop. Great work !
And thanks for your uplifting comment on my blog, I will follow your advice :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails