Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mixed Media Monday - Play


This piece seemed to fit the theme for Mixed Media Monday. This character is based on my wonderful cousin Clare! It doesn't matter how old we are I'll always see her as the 17 year old, who used to have her own distinct style, and would wear tie dyed shorts with her doc martins, she was obsessed with the 60's especially The Beatles and John Lennon and would play their records over and over, she introduced me to that wonderful music. I always wanted to be like her but somehow when I wore the tie dyed pants and doc martins I just looked ridiculous heheh. Nowadays Clarey is a very talented hand bag designer and Mother to a 1 year old daughter and 4 year old step son. Lucky for me she is just living in the same town and emigrated like myself to Australia!!! Hooray!!!

9 comments:

Clare Incher said...

It's like looking in a mirror babes! I feel honoured that you drew me and with such lovely eye lashes too. I LOVED the 90's and being different and cool BUT most of all I loved having a little side kick who would hang on my everyword and who i tried to teach to be cool as well... cos it doesn't happen now does it? I look to you for inspiration ;) Loves you
xxxx

Jess said...

And a nose stud too! She looks great and how lovely to have emigrated to the same place as you! :)x

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Your cousine looks great. :) I too wore doc martins as a 17y.o.. :) Now they only come out if it's raining too hard. :)

Diane said...

Your cousin must be so thrilled to have this lovely piece made in honour! Diane

Anonymous said...

VERY fun! :)

paru's_circle said...

very vibrant..doc martins! thanks for the memories!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful.

Martina said...

Fantastic and beautiful !

Anonymous said...

Nicola, this is a gorgeous, colorful piece. I really enjoyed hearing about your cousin. Looks like her arty ways as a youthful person has paid off dividends as an adult.
Faye

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails