Saturday, June 8, 2013

Paint Party Friday and Sunday Sketches for this weekend!

Hi everyone,

Well I have been absent from blog land for a little while this time because I had to have minor surgery on my finger last week. Luckily it wasn't my drawing hand but it still slowed me down a bit as I was in quite a bit of pain which wasn't very nice, which also made it impossible to type. Almost back to normal now so I have been able to work on some things this week.

 This piece was done just before I had my surgery. I wanted to play around with putting my artwork on a black background. I actually prefer the cropped version below though :)

 I'm working on a series of Burlesque inspired paintings in preparation for a Burlesque market that I have decided to do in August. I met a lovely Burlesque lady on line from my city who told me about this market and suggested that i give it a go. I went to check out their last one a couple of weeks ago and it looked like a lot of fun! :)
This last painting I did for a special family member who has just moved into a new house, I thought she would like a special painting for her room. I have painted her her in dream place. This little 6 year old already knows what she wants to be when she grows up. A fashion designer living in Paris!  I really enjoyed working on this one as I hadn't done a canvas for a while and it wasn't just a close up of the face which made it more challenging :)



13 comments:

Rita said...

LOVE that first one at the top! The cropped version does make her eyes pop more...but I like the circle, too.

Faye said...

Wonderful post! I love the face in the circle, but somehow I am really drawn to the version that is cropped. I wonder why. The canvas for the young family member is fantastic. I know it will be a treasure for her.

GlorV1 said...

Your faces are awesome. Love the paris painting too. Nice job.:)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!!! Nicola!!!! I am so thrilled you left me that note!!!! I love your latest paintings and especially the Paris one!!!! you made my day with these !!!!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely faces....so soft and full of expression. Happy PPF

denthe said...

Love your works. All of them ...

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful paintings!! Love the cropped version too, and your painting for your family member is so special!

Giggles said...

Gorgeous paintings!! Hope your finger heals up fast!! Love the cropped version as well!

Hugs Giggles

Mary C. Nasser said...

Powerful portraits!
Wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping the pain in your finger subsites completely.
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Magic Love Crow said...

I hope your surgery went well ;o) Amazing new paintings!!! I love the first face with the drips from the eyes! The last painting is very sweet ;o) Take Care ;o)

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Wonderful work! I think the dark background works very well:)

Ivy said...

Love them all but the first one is my fav. HPPF!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I'm loving your ladies! Hope your finger heals quickly. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails